Soulpepper Theatre Company and Bad Hats Theatre have announced the cast for Peter Pan!
Written by the legendary J. M. Barrie and adapted by Fiona Sauder and Reanne Spitzer, this three-time Dora Mavor Moore award-winning production is back to enchant and amuse audiences. Some new faces joining this year’s production are Paolo Santalucia, Gabriella Albino, Ann Paula Bautista, and Emerjade Simms. The play is directed by Severn Thompson and produced by Bad Hats Theatre in association with Soulpepper Theatre Company.
As expected, Peter Pan consists of swashbuckling pirates, a ticking crocodile, and Lost Boys. Meet the boy who will never grow up and join him and his friends to Neverland. This classic comes back to life in a fantastical musical reimagining for children and children-at-heart.
The creative team consists of music by Landon Doak, music direction by Nathan Carroll, arrangements by Nathan Carroll & Company, Flight/Fight direction by Jack Rennie, production design by Amy Marie Wallace, and choreography by Reanne Spitzer.
Peter Pan returns to Soulpepper’s Family Festival from December 6th, 2019 – December 24th, 2019 at the Young Centre for the Performing Arts. For more information, click here.
- Fiona Sauder (La Bête – Soulpepper) – Peter Pan
- Gabriella Albino (Bunny – Tarragon Theatre) – Wendy Darling
- Jocelyn Adema (Molly Bloom – Fourth Gorgon) – Tootles/Noodler
- Ann Paula Bautista (TITA Jokes – Tita Collective) – Nibs/ Cherry
- Andrew Cameron (The Five Points – Theatre by the Bay) – Curly/ Bill Jukes
- Landon Doak (SHAZAM! – Warner Bros. / DC Entertainment) – Michael Darling
- Victor Pokinko (Three Men in A Boat – Pea Green Theatre) – John Darling
- Matt Pilipiak (Three Men in A Boat – Pea Green Theatre) – Mr. Smee
- Paolo Santalucia (9 Seasons at Soulpepper) – Mr. Darling/ Captain Hook
- Reanne Spitzer (Dry Land – Cue6) – Mrs. Darling/ Tinkerbell/ Starkey
- Emerjade Simms (School Girls: Or, The African Mean Girls Play – Obsidian Theatre/Nightwood Theatre) – Slightly/ Barbecue
Bad Hats Theatre Company: Since its inception, Bad Hats Theatre has been creating work that excites them. They gather teams of people who are curious and involve them in the process from the beginning. Their work aims to empower audiences – to recognize that voice in themselves and use it for good. For more information about Bad Hats Theatre click here.
Soulpepper Theatre Company: Soulpepper Theatre Company is a not-for-profit theatre company and one of Toronto’s largest. Initially founded and moulded by artists, Soulpepper has made it its mission to create and lead youth and community outreach initiatives and artist training and mentorship programs. Soulpepper has an annual season that grounds its work in classics but also makes sure to curate new works, new forms, and include innovative practices. Soulpepper lives at the Young Centre for the Performing Arts in Toronto’s historic Distillery District.
The cast of Peter Pan answer the following question:
“What is your happy thought?”
"My happy thought is Black Success (shoutouts to Roney + Nani). When I see people like me succeeding, even if it’s just a great hairstyle for the day or a bomb fit, it brings me so much happiness."
"Sunsets through yellow trees somewhere near water."
Ann Paula Bautista
"Travelling and experiencing the most incredible views for the first time. I am happiest by the water and under the stars."
"I tried coming up with something beautiful and poetic but the God's honest truth is that my happy thought is being home in my bed, with food nearby, watching TLC (likely the latest episode of 90 day Fiancé). Thinking of that makes me really, really happy."
"Snow falling through a streetlamp at night."
Mr. Darling/ Captain Hook
"Negronis on tap."
"Full sour pickles."
"Sour Creme Glazed."
Leave a Reply