Nappoholics Anonymous is a weekly column featuring twelve random thoughts by actor Tony Nappo. Some are funny, some are poignant, some bother him, and some make him weep from sadness while others make him weep for joy. Here are his thoughts: unfiltered, uncensored, and only occasionally unsafe for work.
1. Please God, if there absolutely has to be a game seven, let the power in all of Toronto go out at the beginning of the third period.
2. I love the use of colour, shadow, perspective, and composition in this piece by actress Dianne Latchford. An actress, paying tribute to a musician, in a painting. The coolest part is that she is all three. To see more of her work, visit Diannelatchford.com
3. The shit Doug Ford is doing to Ontario these days is so NOT funny that he should be forced to change his name to Howie Mandel.
4. Photographer Denise Grant lays claim to inventing the selfie in this now-classic 70s black and white shot. I have done the least amount of research possible, and all of it to date supports her claim.
5. Guest Post of the Week.
6. I was once asked if I offer a discount when I’m painting the house of someone I’m sleeping with. I said of course I do, but they still have to pay full price for the paint job.
7. Deal of the Week.
8. The Nappo Dictionary defines MASTURVENTION as the act of publicly pleasuring yourself in the centre of a group of people who have gathered specifically to urge you to stop pleasuring yourself publicly.
9. My whole family is like this, I swear.
10. Taking advantage of my own free advertising space to tell you there are two spots left for my Auditioning for Camera class, taking place on May 4 and May 11. Hope to see you there. Learn more.
11. I just don’t feel like I can pull off Candy.
12. Warrior of the Week.