Nappoholics Anonymous is a weekly column featuring twelve random thoughts by actor Tony Nappo. Some are funny, some are poignant, some bother him, and some make him weep from sadness while others make him weep for joy. Here are his thoughts: unfiltered, uncensored, and only occasionally unsafe for work.
1. I heard that Walmart stores in Quebec have tripled their sales of white bedsheets by marketing them as Sexy Racist Halloween costumes.
2. The Leafs played so badly on Saturday night that they made Auston Matthews’ moustache look good.
3. The Hallmark channel is starting a “Countdown to Christmas” on November 1st. NOVEMBER FUCKING FIRST! That’s 55 straight days of Christmas movies that are all pretty much the exact same movie. I don’t think there has ever been a company so entirely committed to both saving and killing Christmas at the exact same time.
4. At least SOMEONE in a turban won something last week. So there’s still SOME hope for Canada.
5. If a tree fell on Martin Scorsese in the forest, Spider-man would still have to save him. Because THAT’S HIS FUCKING JOB.
6. Shout out of the Week:
To Emily Nixon and Sebastian Marziali for their “It’s Getting Hot in Here: Digital Striptease” page, where the two literally stripped down on Facebook to encourage voter turnout—specifically to help combat the Climate Crisis. I am planning a similar campaign this year, where I will put my clothes on if Doug Ford steps down.
7. Just So You Know:
8. On Set Etiquette #632:
If an A.D. who knows you fairly well ever takes you aside and (based solely on your past) asks you quietly if you dropped a bag of drugs on set, “No, but I’ll take it” is definitely not the right answer to give. Not ever.
9. Tweet of the Week:
10. One of the best things about sports over politics is that you either win or you lose. And when you win nobody can take your win away from you. Scheer’s concession speech made me imagine the GM of the Toronto Maple Leafs coming out after any given playoff loss to Boston and saying “Well, we lost by way less than we did last game so really—we won!!”
11. Guest Post of the Week:
12. Political Editorial of the Week: