Nappoholics Anonymous is a weekly column featuring twelve random thoughts by actor Tony Nappo. Some are funny, some are poignant, some bother him, and some make him weep from sadness while others make him weep for joy. Here are his thoughts: unfiltered, uncensored, and only occasionally unsafe for work.
1. I know for a fact that “You people” is an insult because that’s what my mom calls my dad, my sister, and me.
2. Fuck Yeah of the Week:
3. Top 5 Names for STAR WHORES:
1. Hans Slowblow
2. Puke Streetwalker
3. Princess Lay Ya
Bonus: they travel by way of the Millennium Fuckin’.
4. Retweet of the Week:
5. When I was younger I was married to Marie Josee Lefebvre. I never forgot our anniversary because we were married on Labour Day. And I never forgot her birthday because she was born on Remembrance Day. If only I had had something to remind me not to forget to come home every night.
6. Guest Post of the Week:
7. Went to see Ghost Quartet last week and there was a group of kids sitting behind me. I turned around and asked them how old they were. One kid, who I later found out is named Hazen, answered “eleven” to which I responded, “ That’s awesome. You just don’t often see people your age at the theatre,” to which he replied, “That’s because people aren’t cultured these days. They’re all listening to rap music on their Soundclouds.”
I have never been more impressed by an eleven-year old’s social commentary in my entire life.
8. Parenting 101:
9. Manipulative Parenting 101 – (actual text to my daughter):
10. I find the key to extracting myself from a Facebook debate, which I love, is to always remember that nobody REALLY gives a fuck what I think. They only pay enough attention to what I am saying to be able to argue with it.
11. Look Beyond Your Privilege When You Support A Bigot’s Right to Free Speech:
12. Here’s a terrifying afterthought. If the PC party makes Don Cherry its leader, he would be our next Prime Minister.