Nappoholics Anonymous is a weekly column featuring twelve random thoughts by actor Tony Nappo. Some are funny, some are poignant, some bother him, and some make him weep from sadness while others make him weep for joy. Here are his thoughts: unfiltered, uncensored, and only occasionally unsafe for work.
1. Not to be outdone by Washington in terms of rebranding themselves with the most obvious and least creative name imaginable (The Washington Football Team), the Leafs are now considering changing their name to the Toronto We-Are-Probably-Never-Going-Win-The-Cup-Agains.
2. Proposal of the Week:
3. I understand that there are a lot of proposals in terms of changing the names of Toronto streets happening these days but I don’t understand how changing the name of Ossington Avenue to Where Single Moms Gather to Drink Wine and Get Hit On By Twenty Year Olds Street can possibly be any less offensive than it was to begin with.
4. When asked to respond to the widespread shock regarding Health Canada encouraging people to cover their faces during sex to prevent the spread of COVID, Doug Ford replied, “I don’t see what the big deal is. Women have been asking me to do that for years.”
5. Book of the Week:
6. I’m no political strategist but, when you’re the president of the United States selling bullshit conspiracy theories to the general public that involves protecting them from secret Democratic pedophile rings, isn’t it a bad move to admit that you’ve met several times with and wish good luck to a person that is known to have recruited children for sex trafficking purposes for decades?
7. Scary Shit of the Week:
8. It’s no secret that Frank D’Angelo and I don’t like each other. Since we have been given the green light to go back to work a couple of weeks ago, he’s already written, directed, and starred in 17 films. I guess I should have stayed on his good side.
UPDATE: Make that 19. He shot and released another two films since I began writing this week’s column. The man is a machine. Truly.
9. Artist of the Week: (Please Spread this Particular Item Far and Wide)
10. Fuck Off of the Week:
11. Fuck Yeah of the Week:
12. Classic Me:
EDIT: A previous version of the column included the old name of Washington’s football team which has been noted to be an offensive slur. We apologize for using it and re-enforcing the damage it causes.