Nappoholics Anonymous is a weekly column featuring twelve random thoughts by actor Tony Nappo. Some are funny, some are poignant, some bother him, and some make him weep from sadness while others make him weep for joy. Here are his thoughts: unfiltered, uncensored, and only occasionally unsafe for work.
1. What’s the difference between a Canadian actor and a Canadian Sex worker? You have to pay the sex worker BEFORE you fuck them.
2. Sometimes when I am painting in super-hot weather, I just fold up a paper towel and place it into my ass crack end to end to avoid sweat build up which will lead to a rash. I had started calling it my Manpon but then realized that, as clever as it may have been, it was not technically accurate. So I settled on calling it a Cracksy Pad.
3. Inspiration of the Week: (Simu, if you don’t know, is Marvel’s newest superhero)
4. I mean, imagine if there actually was a guy going after him with a gun after he killed his first victim—and so he killed that second guy “in self defence”—except that second guy was a cop. I’m pretty sure that everyone defending his actions as self defence right now would be screaming their lungs out that we should hang him. It isn’t the circumstance his supporters are defending—it’s that he was on the cop’s team and they are both out to kill the other team. That other team is Black Lives Matter.
Those supporters are simply supporting the murder of anyone on Team Black Lives Matter whether those killers are wearing a police uniform or not.
5. Food for Thought of the Week: (since per diem has now become a more important element of feeding ourselves going forward—potentially even when we aren’t on location)
6. Thank God for phase three. My social life was starting to make Travis Bickle’s look like Charlie Sheen’s.
7. Guest Post of the Week:
8. Recent actual conversation with my 15-year-old daughter:
She: You should dye your beard, dad.
Me: I’m not dying my beard.
She: Why not?
Me: Because people who die their beards always look like they die their beards.
She: Let me do it. I’m really good at dyeing.
She: You know who else is really good at dying?
Me: No. Who?
And I never even saw it coming. Well played, daughter. Still too soon but well fucking played.
9. Hero of the Week:
10. Legacy of the Week:
11. Philosophy of the Week:
12. So I finally signed up to an online dating site. In an attempt to be a breath of fresh air to women, I’m using a penis photo as my profile picture and then sending unsolicited pictures of my face to people’s private message boxes.
It was actually working out way better than I had initially anticipated—until I started sending the face photos out.