Nappoholics Anonymous is a weekly column featuring twelve random thoughts by actor Tony Nappo. Some are funny, some are poignant, some bother him, and some make him weep from sadness while others make him weep for joy. Here are his thoughts: unfiltered, uncensored, and only occasionally unsafe for work.
***Nappoholics Anonymous will be going on a two-week hiatus—a well-deserved summer holiday!—and will be back, better than ever, in July.***
1. Trump also considering opening first Trump-era “talkie” theatres and repealing prohibition! Huzzah!!!!
2. After the Philando Castile verdict, the American Justice System should just be called what it actually is: the American Just Us System. What a fucking disgrace.
3. This was waiting for me on top of this urinal at Harvey’s in Barrie. Spoiler alert: How Many Times I Am Allowed to Shake It Off Without Any Guilt wasn’t one of them.
4. A guest post by a wildly talented guy with a pretty cool insight.
5. I heard Kevin Spacey is working on a killer Arsenio Hall impersonation in case he’s asked back to host the Tony Awards so he can come off as more hip and contemporary next time.
6. I love this guy.
7. My favourite line overheard on set last week: “How should I know? I’m not a meteorologist. I’m a background performer.” – Anthony Tran
8. No punchline here. This outcome itself is a fucking joke.
9. Top 5 Pieces of Celebrity Medical Equipment
5- Carmen Electrode
4- Gurney Mac
3- X-Ray Liotta
2- Splint Eastwood
1- Catheter Hepburn
11. I booked a part on Kim’s Convenience, which shoots in July, and got a really warm note from Albert Schultz congratulating me and welcoming me to the show. I think it’s pretty much a lock-in now that he and I will be starring in Soulpepper’s stage adaptation of Midnight Run: The Musical.
12. This was my Father’s Day assessment from my daughter, Ella, when she was seven.
Are you a Nappoholic? Are you ready to let the whole world know? We have just the statement shirt for you.
Check out our new Nappoholic T-shirts, available for order here.