Nappoholics Anonymous is a weekly column featuring twelve random thoughts by actor Tony Nappo. Some are funny, some are poignant, some bother him, and some make him weep from sadness while others make him weep for joy. Here are his thoughts: unfiltered, uncensored, and only occasionally unsafe for work.
1. Compared to the movie Sisters, that cake skit was Annie fucking Hall.
2. Really enjoyed the So You Think You’re A Badass assessment workshop over the weekend. I thought they were being generous when Nick Campbell and Bob Naismith ranked me as “minor annoyance at best.” I am determined to try harder until I get my “you really don’t want piss him off” badge.
3. Why is it always the guy telling us to get over losing the election seven months ago who still isn’t over losing the fucking Civil War over a century and a half ago?
4. Love this. Matt MacFadzean gets credit for the find.
5. Top 5 White Supremacists Michael Jackson songs
5- Wanna Be A Marching Bumpkin
4- The Fuhrer is Mine
3- Klan in the Mirror
2- Crack-er White
1- Blame it on Obama
7. I have never seen Game of Thrones. I was as flipping channels and it was on so I thought I’d see what all the fuss was about. Six guys with swords fought off about a thousand skeletons. And then two fire breathing dragons showed up to help them.
Stupidest fucking thing I have ever seen.
8. Soulpepper continues to take over New York. Congratulations to Michaela Washburn for landing the lead role of Pablo Escobar in Soulpepper’s next major Broadway offering: Narcos! The Musical.
9. I never met the man but, by pretty much all accounts from those who have, Jerry Lewis was an egomaniacal misogynistic dick to nine out of ten people who ever approached him. If he hadn’t been Jewish, I think he could have had a real shot at becoming the next Republican presidential candidate.
10. Heard this in a documentary and wrote it down:
“You play yourself as much as you can within a role, if you can ever find yourself. It takes a heck of a long time to do that. I think it’s very difficult to be one’s self anywhere. Whereas it’s nice and better when you’re relaxed and you just are yourself. I think that’s the most attractive thing a person can be. A person who lives without artificiality of any kind.” – Cary Grant
I think Cary Grant was way ahead of his time as an actor and was doing something Brando usually gets almost all the credit for in terms of naturalism on screen.
11. My Tina Fey “eat cake” response. If Ronnie liked it, maybe you’ll find some value in it, as well.
12. It’s super convenient that Wine Rack stays open till 11 but it would be even more amazing if they sold wine that people actually want to drink. They’re like kidnappers who will only release the hostages that you were kind of hoping might get shot.
Are you a Nappoholic? Are you ready to let the whole world know? We have just the statement shirt for you.
Check out our new Nappoholic T-shirts, available for order here.