Nappoholics Anonymous is a weekly column featuring twelve random thoughts by actor Tony Nappo. Some are funny, some are poignant, some bother him, and some make him weep from sadness while others make him weep for joy. Here are his thoughts: unfiltered, uncensored, and only occasionally unsafe for work.
1. Major breaking news that will affect people who smoke marijuana in absolutely no way. Not even a little bit. Protests have been planned by nobody at all.
2. Hey, Justin Trudeau. Be a fucking leader. If I want to see fake tears, I’ll watch This Is Us.
3. Classic Ella
4. The biggest and most powerful rocket in a generation, Falcon Heavy, was successfully launched into space on Monday from Cape Canaveral, Florida. Scientists attribute their success primarily to the slight modification they made to the name of the rocket’s predecessor, Too Falcon Heavy.
5. Guest Post of the Week
6. Political correctness is not an oxymoron. Peoplekind, however, certainly is.
8. It’s like I always tell my zombie acting classes. You can’t ACT Zombie. You have to BE Zombie!!
9. I was very fortunate, last week, in that a character I played on a television show two seasons ago has been brought back to guest star in a new episode.
At the wardrobe fitting, the designer said, “It would be great if he could be wearing the same jacket he wore last time. That way, the fans will recognize the character immediately.”
My first thought was, “What about my fucking face? They’ll recognize a jacket from two years ago before they recognize the fucking person wearing it???”
But I didn’t actually say that because she was referring to fans of a SPACE SHOW so there’s a pretty good chance that she might have been right.
10. How the fuck did they choose Zombies over Zambonis??
11. This is maybe the first week ever that I was glad to be me and not Justin Timberlake.
12. … which is weird because the first film was such a giant leap forward for feminism. Did NOT see this coming at all.