Nappoholics Anonymous is a weekly column featuring twelve random thoughts by actor Tony Nappo. Some are funny, some are poignant, some bother him, and some make him weep from sadness while others make him weep for joy. Here are his thoughts: unfiltered, uncensored, and only occasionally unsafe for work.
1. To celebrate National Canadian Film Day this year, I got a full-body Bruno Gerussi tattoo and ended up looking exactly the same.
2. Man, You Seem Like a Moron
3. Kudos to the Fun Home producers (Musical Stage Company/Mirvish) for actually putting the names of the actors on this ad. Maybe it’s crazy to think that actors might be a draw for audiences but I bet if this becomes a trend, and folks started recognizing their names, eventually it might be.
4. It warms my heart when my daughter takes a moment to send me a note on all of the important holidays.
5. I’m having as much trouble figuring out whether the Leafs are a good hockey team or a shit hockey team in this series as the weather is figuring out whether it’s spring or winter.
7. Classic Workshop Moment
8. Top 5 Songs That Really Just Don’t Work as Well with Men’s Names in Them
5- “Randy” by Barry Manilow
4- “Lanny’s Song” by John Denver
3- “Larry” by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
2- “Seth” by Kiss
1- “And the Wind Cries Gary” by Jimi Hendrix
9. I did not know this. Anyone with the greenroom answer?
10. Guest Post of the Week
11. I’m so old that I remember when stupid people actually knew they were stupid and wanted people smarter than themselves to run things.
Those were crazy times.
12. Text from my sister. She is a dick but that’s how Nappos motivate each other. Also, since it came up, please do sign up for this mailing list thing. It’s one of the ways Intermission can stay alive, by showing people are reading, for grants or some shit like that. Anyway, it would be a good thing for us if you would do that. Thanks so much.